Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

enough of winter...

The days are short,
The sun a spark
Hung thin between
The dark and dark.

-John Updike-

My insatiable silent request for some sunlight amongst the dreary, grim-skied January had remained unrequited…until yesterday morning. The anticipation almost unbearable as we made our way to school and work. As my usual, I began to skeptically survey the skies above. Typically, I am quickly demoralized by the thick, inescapable fog that entrenches the South Hill. However, I readily recognized that there appeared the possibility that the sun might (just might) come out. And so it did. For one fleeting day, I gazed longingly out my window from my overpiled desk and enjoyed the vast, untainted sunlight that lit up the valley and uplifted my mood. Gone again today, but there is still hope for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment