Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Fred The Bunny

One Friday evening, j and I sat talking in his office for a brief moment - chats are always brief lately as he's always studying… wonder what it will be like to have normal, lengthy conversations again? Hopefully someday. A girl can dream.

Anyhow, as I looked out the sliding glass doors, I noticed a deer looking befuddled by something moving in the garden. A snake perhaps? Clearly it was a critter that the deer was unaccustomed to seeing. As I open the door to check things out, to my surprise the most adorable little bunny comes hopping up the steps! Of course I am now giddy with excitement and j is trying to tell me that rabbits are hard to catch, but I mosey on over, bend down, and pick him right up (clearly he's someone's house pet).

Well, it's now starting to get dark and stormy. I bat my eyes and smile, which is quickly met with rolling eyes. How could I possibly leave such a cute, vulnerable little thing outside to endure a surely fearsome rainstorm?

Obviously I couldn't. So I brought the little fella inside. He made himself right at home, hopping all around the place. Melted my heart. And as a HUGE bonus, he was potty trained! Would use a little box I set up for him in the laundry room.

Jeremy decided we should call him Fred. And so we did.


Now, the j let this go on for a bit until he coerced me into putting up a "found bunny" sign. I knew it was the right thing to do because I would surely be missing him if he was my pet, but secretly I was hoping that no one would claim him (come on, I never thought I would be allowed to have a pet, so this was just pure dumb luck).


To my dismay, a girl called me that very day and said he was hers. She was so grateful that I had put up the sign (brilliant idea). And although I only had little Fred for maybe 24 hours, I still got a little teary-eyed when I had to give him back.

Little did I know that Fred had paved the way for a much better opportunity. Details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment